Helpful Hints

How can I get help from a trained interpreter?

Limited English Proficient individuals are entitled to interpreters under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act when obtaining services from any entity or program that receives federal financial assistance, including payment for services from federal programs such as Medicaid, Medicare and State Children’s Health Insurance Programs (SCHIP). If an individual has health care coverage through one of these programs, they should contact the insurance provider to see if and how to receive interpretation benefits. If you are a healthcare provider giving services to a limited English-speaking client, there are several resources for interpretation, including but not limited to the following:

Local interpretation and translation companies:

Language line services:

Non-profit interpretation and translation resources:



Print this page

Helping everyone in the community access health and wellness since 1863.